一张老照片
整理旧东西的时候,我在一本书里发现了一张老照片。
While sorting out old things I found an old photograph inside a book.
照片已经发黄了,边上还有一点破。
It had yellowed, and the edge was slightly torn.
照片上有四个年轻人,站在一棵大树下面。
There were four young people in it, standing under a big tree.
他们笑得很开心,看起来大概二十岁左右。
They were laughing happily and looked about twenty.
我认出了中间那个人——是我妈妈。
I recognised the one in the middle — it was my mother.
我从来没见过她这么年轻的样子。
I had never seen her looking that young.
我拿着照片去问她。
I took the photo to ask her about it.
她看了很久,然后一个一个地告诉我他们是谁。
She looked at it for a long time, then told me one by one who they were.
左边的是她大学最好的朋友,右边的两个是同班同学。
The one on the left was her best friend at university; the two on the right were classmates.
我问她:“你们现在还联系吗?”
I asked her, "Are you still in touch?"
她摇了摇头,说:“毕业以后,大家去了不同的城市。”
She shook her head and said, "After we graduated everyone went to different cities."
照片背面写着一个日期和一个名字,可是那个名字她也想不起来了。
On the back was a date and a name, but even she couldn't place the name.
那天晚上,她一直把照片放在手边。
That evening she kept the photograph beside her.
我忽然明白,时间带走的不只是样子。
I suddenly understood that what time takes away isn't only how you look.