上班迟到了
今天早上我迟到了。
I was late this morning.
我昨天晚上工作到很晚,睡得很少。
I worked late last night and slept very little.
我的手机没有响,我七点五十才醒。
My phone didn't go off and I didn't wake until ten to eight.
八点半我必须到公司。
I have to be at the office by half past eight.
我很着急,没吃早饭就出门了。
I panicked and left without breakfast.
我在路口等公共汽车,等了十分钟,车还没有来。
I waited at the corner for the bus; after ten minutes it still hadn't come.
我只好坐出租车,花了五十块钱。
I had to take a taxi, which cost fifty yuan.
到公司的时候,已经八点四十了。
When I got to the office it was already 8:40.
我跑进电梯,看见了我的经理。
I ran into the lift and saw my manager.
我很不好意思地说:“对不起,我迟到了。”
I said awkwardly, "Sorry, I'm late."
他笑着说:“没关系,我也刚到。”
He smiled and said, "Never mind — I've only just got here myself."