搬家
上个月我搬家了。
I moved house last month.
我在那个房子里住了八年,东西比我想的多得多。
I'd lived in that flat for eight years, and had far more stuff than I'd thought.
我花了整整三天时间整理。
It took me three full days to sort it out.
我把衣服放进箱子里,把书放在另外一个箱子里。
I put the clothes in boxes and the books in another box.
一共装了二十六个箱子。
Twenty-six boxes in all.
最难的不是搬,而是决定什么东西要扔。
The hard part wasn't the carrying — it was deciding what to throw away.
有一个旧箱子,我一直没打开。
There was one old box I kept not opening.
最后我把它打开了,里面全是我上大学时的照片和信。
In the end I opened it: inside were all my photographs and letters from university.
我坐在地上看了两个小时,什么都没扔。
I sat on the floor and looked through them for two hours, and threw nothing out.
朋友说我太舍不得东西了。
My friend says I'm too attached to things.
也许他是对的。可是有些东西被扔掉以后,就再也找不回来了。
Maybe he's right. But some things, once thrown away, can never be got back.
新房子比原来的小一点儿,不过窗户大,光线好。
The new place is a little smaller, but the windows are big and the light is good.