手机丢了
上个星期,我的手机丢了。
Last week I lost my phone.
那天我先坐公共汽车去了商场,又去了图书馆。
That day I'd taken the bus to the shopping centre, then gone to the library.
到家以后我才发现手机不见了。
It wasn't until I got home that I noticed it was gone.
我用电脑给自己打电话,可是没有人接。
I rang my own number from the computer, but nobody picked up.
我又着急又难过,因为里面有很多重要的照片。
I was anxious and upset, because there were a lot of important photos on it.
我把家里找了一遍,什么也没找到。
I searched the whole flat and found nothing.
两个小时以后,我又打了一次。
Two hours later I tried again.
这次有人接了。
This time somebody answered.
是一个女孩子,她说:“你的手机掉在图书馆的椅子下边了。”
It was a young woman. She said, "Your phone had fallen under a chair in the library."
她把手机交给了图书馆的工作人员。
She'd handed it in to the library staff.
第二天我去拿回了手机,还带了一盒巧克力去感谢她。
The next day I went to collect it, and took a box of chocolates to thank her.
她笑着说:“换成是我,我也希望有人这样做。”
She smiled and said, "If it were me, I'd hope someone would do the same."