面对压力
去年下半年,我的压力特别大。
In the second half of last year I was under enormous pressure.
公司有一个很重要的项目,我是负责人。
The company had an important project and I was leading it.
那半年,我几乎每天都加班到晚上十点以后。
For those six months I worked past ten almost every night.
回到家还要继续做,常常两点才睡。
I'd carry on at home and often didn't get to bed until two.
我以为自己可以坚持下去。
I thought I could keep it up.
可是身体先不同意了。
But my body disagreed first.
有一天早上,我起床的时候忽然觉得头很晕。
One morning I got up and suddenly felt very dizzy.
医生说我睡眠太少,让我至少休息两个星期。
The doctor said I was badly short of sleep and told me to rest for at least two weeks.
刚开始休息的时候,我特别不习惯。
At first I found resting extremely uncomfortable.
我总觉得自己在浪费时间。
I kept feeling I was wasting time.
后来我慢慢发现,休息以后我做事反而更快了。
Then I gradually noticed that after resting I actually worked faster.
现在我给自己定了一条规矩:晚上十一点以后不看工作的消息。
Now I have one rule for myself: no work messages after eleven at night.
项目最后按时完成了。
The project was finished on time in the end.
我也终于明白,能长期做下去的,才叫努力。
And I finally understood that only what you can keep doing counts as effort.