回老家
我离开老家已经十年了。
It's been ten years since I left my home town.
今年春天,我终于回去了一趟。
This spring I finally went back.
下车的时候,我几乎认不出那个地方。
Getting off the coach, I could hardly recognise the place.
以前的小路变成了很宽的马路。
The little lane had become a wide road.
路两边盖起了很多新房子。
New buildings had gone up on both sides.
我小时候上的那所小学已经不在了。
The primary school I went to as a child was gone.
原来的位置上现在是一个超市。
In its place there was now a supermarket.
我站在那里,觉得又熟悉又陌生。
I stood there feeling that it was both familiar and strange.
走到村子最里面的时候,我看见了我们家的老房子。
When I got to the far end of the village I saw our old house.
门前的那棵树比我记得的大了很多。
The tree in front of the door was much bigger than I remembered.
一只老狗从院子里慢慢走出来,看了我很久。
An old dog came slowly out of the yard and looked at me for a long time.
然后它摇起了尾巴。
Then it began to wag its tail.
那一刻,我的眼睛忽然湿了。
In that moment my eyes suddenly stung.
原来在这个什么都变了的地方,还有人记得我。
So in this place where everything had changed, someone still remembered me.