坚持跑步
两年前,我决定开始跑步。
Two years ago I decided to start running.
第一天,我跑了八分钟就跑不动了。
On the first day I lasted eight minutes before I couldn't go on.
我站在路边喘气,觉得自己特别可笑。
I stood by the road getting my breath back, feeling faintly ridiculous.
那时候我一百八十斤,走两层楼都累。
At the time I weighed ninety kilos and two flights of stairs tired me out.
朋友说我坚持不了一个星期。
A friend said I wouldn't keep it up for a week.
说实话,我自己也这么想。
To be honest, I thought the same.
最难的不是第一天,而是第十天。
The hardest day wasn't the first — it was the tenth.
那天下着雨,我特别想找个理由不去。
It was raining, and I badly wanted an excuse not to go.
我最后还是出门了,只跑了十五分钟。
In the end I went out anyway, and only ran fifteen minutes.
可是从那天起,我就再也没有停过。
But from that day on I never stopped again.
慢慢地,八分钟变成了二十分钟,二十分钟变成了一个小时。
Slowly, eight minutes became twenty, and twenty became an hour.
上个月,我跑完了人生第一个马拉松。
Last month I finished the first marathon of my life.
我不敢说自己爱上了跑步——说实话,我到现在也不太喜欢。
I wouldn't claim to have fallen in love with running — honestly, I still don't much like it.
可是我喜欢那个每天都能说到做到的自己。
But I do like the version of me who does what he says he'll do, every day.