中秋节
中秋节是中国最重要的节日之一。
The Mid-Autumn Festival is one of China's most important holidays.
每年这个时候,家里人都会尽量回家团圆。
Every year at this time, families try to get home and be together.
今年我因为工作,没能回去。
This year I couldn't get back because of work.
那天晚上,我一个人在阳台上坐着。
That evening I sat on the balcony on my own.
月亮又大又圆,比平时亮得多。
The moon was big and round, far brighter than usual.
同事送了我两个月饼,一个是甜的,一个是咸的。
A colleague had given me two mooncakes, one sweet and one savoury.
我以前不太喜欢吃月饼,可是那天觉得特别好吃。
I'd never much liked mooncakes, but that night they tasted wonderful.
八点的时候,妈妈给我打了视频电话。
At eight my mum made a video call.
我看见了爸爸、奶奶和弟弟,他们都在桌子旁边。
I saw my dad, my grandmother and my brother, all round the table.
妈妈把手机举起来,让我看他们那边的月亮。
Mum lifted the phone so I could see the moon from their side.
我说:“跟我这里的一样。”
I said, "It's the same as mine here."
奶奶笑着说:“那就是一家人。”
My grandmother smiled and said, "Then we're all together."