奶奶的信
上个月,我收到了一封信。
Last month I received a letter.
现在几乎没有人写信了,所以我很吃惊。
Almost nobody writes letters now, so I was surprised.
信是奶奶寄来的。
It was from my grandmother.
她今年八十三岁了,眼睛不太好。
She's eighty-three this year and her eyes aren't good.
信上的字写得很大,很认真。
The characters on the page were large and carefully formed.
她在信里问我:吃得好不好?睡得好不好?工作累不累?
She asked in it: was I eating well, sleeping well, was work tiring?
最后她说:“不用担心我,我很好。”
At the end she wrote, "Don't worry about me, I'm fine."
我给她打电话的时候,她说这封信她写了两次。
When I rang her, she said she'd written the letter twice.
第一次写错了一个字,她觉得不好看,就重新写了一遍。
The first time she'd got one character wrong, thought it looked untidy, and written the whole thing again.
为了一个字,一位八十三岁的老人写了两遍。
For the sake of one character, an eighty-three-year-old had written it out twice.
我把那封信放在了书桌上,每天都能看见。
I put the letter on my desk where I see it every day.
有些东西,发消息是给不了的。
There are some things a message simply cannot give you.