帮一个陌生人
那天下午,我们楼的电梯坏了。
That afternoon the lift in our building broke down.
我住在十一楼,只好走楼梯。
I live on the eleventh floor, so I had to take the stairs.
走到三楼的时候,我看见一位阿姨站在那里休息。
On the third floor I saw a woman standing there resting.
她手里拿着四五个很重的袋子。
She was holding four or five heavy bags.
她的脸都红了,一直在喘气。
Her face was red and she was breathing hard.
我问她:“阿姨,您住几楼?我帮您拿吧。”
I asked her, "Which floor are you on? Let me carry those."
她说:“不用不用,太麻烦你了。”
She said, "No, no, it's too much trouble."
我说:“我也要上楼,正好一起。”
I said, "I'm going up anyway — we may as well go together."
她住在九楼,我们一边走一边聊天。
She lives on the ninth floor, and we chatted as we climbed.
到了她家门口,她一定要请我进去喝茶。
At her door she insisted I come in for tea.
我说不用,就上楼了。
I said there was no need and went on up.
其实那六层楼我走得比平时还轻松。
In fact those six floors felt lighter than usual.